AMP and monetization
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is a free software initiative whose goal is to improve the Web for all users. This initiative makes it possible to create fast, attractive and high-performing websites and ads, regardless of the devices and distribution patterns used.
How display ads work on AMP pages
You can serve display ads you already have on AMP pages right after you create them. To do this, add the tag to your AMP pages
<amp-ad>, which is the primary mechanism by which ads are requested from an ad network on these types of pages. AMP is supported by over 100 ad networks.
- See best practices for serving ads on AMP pages , which are applicable to all ad networks.
- You can generate <amp-ad> tags directly in Ad Manager without manually editing code.
- Generate a report to verify that the <amp-ad> tag is used on your AMP pages .
- We recommend that you set up a test AMP page and validate it to make sure your ads serve.
- You can check the performance of your AMP pages .
There are no significant changes to ad traffic on AMP pages.
In Ad Manager, we recommend using AMPHTML ads . AMPHTML ads can be served on both AMP pages and non-AMP pages.
How display ads work in web stories
After creating web stories, you can serve single page carousel ads . Carousel ads are a single-page, full-screen format that is displayed in web stories.
Web stories use the tag
<amp-story-auto-ads> and do not support tags
<amp-ad> that are included directly on the page.
- Traffic custom creatives to web stories .
- Activate programmatic demand in web stories .
- Check out best practices for serving ads in web stories and delivering the best user experience.
What ads can be served on AMP Pages and Web Stories?
AMP only works with ads that don’t cause page content to be reflowed. For this reason, certain types of ads, such as interstitials or auto-expanding ads, can’t be used. See the list of supported ad features in AMP .
Banner and box ads don’t integrate well with the Web Stories format, so in these cases it’s best to convert your vertical or mobile creatives to carousel ads.
Source : https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/6352089?hl=en